Gisha is seeking a Director of International Relations to head Gisha’s international relations department.
Gisha is a human rights organization in Israel working to promote the right to freedom of movement for Palestinians, especially to and from the Gaza Strip.
Director of International Relations (full-time)
Start date: Immediate
Areas of responsibility:
- Advocacy with foreign decision-makers and diplomats
- Maintaining contact with international organizations and humanitarian agencies
- Management of Gisha’s resource development staff and oversight for fundraising (communications with donors, proposal writing, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, project management)
- Determining organizational strategy together with other leadership at the organization
- Writing policy papers and reports; some English-language editing
- Deep commitment to human rights and identification with Gisha’s work
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills
- English as a native or near-native language, excellent English-language writing and editing skills
- High-level Hebrew, especially reading and comprehension, is a strong advantage
- Experience with fundraising is a strong advantage
- Full-time, in-person in the Tel Aviv office, with some flexibility to work remotely depending on location
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Some travel abroad and weekend/evening commitments required
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Israel
To apply: Please submit a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of International Relations” in the subject line.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
You will receive an automated confirmation of receipt of your application. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.