Gisha seeks a communications assistant
Start date: Immediate
Gisha, an Israeli human rights organization, which promotes the right to freedom of movement, especially for residents of the Gaza Strip, seeks a highly qualified applicant for the position of communications assistant.
The communications assistant will work with the spokesperson vis-à-vis foreign press and with the public department on English-language communications generally. A key component of the position entails thorough editing of text translations (from Hebrew) to English and thus requires a candidate with exceedingly high attention to detail and excellent command of written English. The communications assistant will assist in management of Gisha’s new-media platforms in English, and in writing and production of publications, including by coordinating with other staff members.
The applicant should:
- Be deeply committed to human rights
- Identify with the goals of Gisha’s work
- Speak English as a native language and possess excellent English-language writing and editing skills (others need not apply)
- Have a good command of Hebrew, especially reading and speaking
- Have professional experience in writing/editing/translation
- Possess excellent communication skills and knowledge of social media
- Knowledge in operating graphic programs and/or video editing is an advantage
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
Academic degree, ideally in human rights, political science, international relations, media studies, or other related field
Location of the position: Tel Aviv
Position: Part-time position (80%, with potential for expansion to full-time), competitive salary and benefits package
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words, “Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
You will receive an automated confirmation of receipt of your application. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.