Gisha seeks a Director of International Relations (full-time)
Start date: immediate
Deadline for application: Sunday, August 27, 2014
Gisha seeks a highly qualified applicant for the position of director of international relations, which will include a minimum six-month training period.
Gisha is an Israeli human rights organization which promotes the right to freedom of movement, especially for residents of the Gaza Strip.
Under the direct supervision of the deputy director, the director of international relations is responsible for overseeing international advocacy and fundraising initiatives promoted by the organization. This includes engaging in advocacy before foreign decision-makers and diplomats; meeting with international organizations and humanitarian agencies to provide information about access policy; managing Gisha’s development staff and oversight of fundraising (communications with donors, proposal writing, monitoring, evaluation and reporting). For a six month training period, the role will primarily focus on grant writing and reporting with increasing engagement and eventually responsibility in the areas of advocacy. Management of at least one additional staff member will also come under the role.
The applicant should:
• Be deeply committed to human rights
• Identify with the goals of Gisha’s work
• Speak English as a native language and possess excellent English-language writing and editing skills (others need not apply)
• Possess high-level to fluent Hebrew, especially reading and speaking
• Have extensive advocacy and fundraising experience
• Possess excellent communications, management, and leadership skills
Academic degree, ideally in human rights, political science, international relations, law, or other related field
Minimum four years of relevant work experience
Location of the position: Tel Aviv
Position: Full-time position, competitive salary and benefits package, some travel abroad and weekend/evening commitments required.
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words, “director of international relations” in the subject line.
DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT: JOB DESCRIPTION
Gisha is looking for a development assistant to work with our development coordinator in the international department. The position is four days a week in our offices in Tel Aviv.
We are looking to appoint someone who has the ability to work across a range of areas and who approaches diverse tasks with dedication, enthusiasm and initiative. The position includes important administrative work associated with fundraising. Suitable candidates should be prepared to commit to this aspect of the job. We are also looking for someone who has the potential to grow within the role and take on increasing responsibilities in fundraising work, communications and advocacy.
Areas of responsibility:
• Maintaining and developing sources of funding from foundations and individuals
• Administrative work associated with fundraising (filing, maintaining donor records, etc.)
• Managing and updating Gisha’s donor database
• Writing regular communications and updates to donors
• Research to identify new funding sources and donors
• Assisting in writing grant proposals, thank you letters and reports for existing grants
• Monitoring of the organization’s activities and accomplishments for generation of updates, reports and proposals to donors
• Identify with the goals of Gisha’s work
• Speak English as a native language and possess excellent writing skills
• Be able to read and fully comprehend documents in Hebrew and function in a Hebrew speaking environment
• Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, an ability to take initiative and to work independently
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Israel.
How to apply:
Deadline: July 27, 2014
We will review applications as they are submitted.
Please send a cover letter and CV, with “development assistant” in the subject line, to: email@example.com
We apologize, but we cannot respond to every application. You will be contacted should we wish to consider your application.
Gisha seeks a researcher (temporary position)
- Full command of Arabic, written and oral, mother tongue level
- Commitment to human rights
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in Hebrew required (good command of English an advantage)
- Basic command of Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills, including use of search engines
- Must live in central Israel
- Conducting research on issues related to the impact of access restrictions on residents of the Gaza Strip
- Managing tasks in coordination with field researcher in the Gaza Strip
- Maintaining telephone communications with officials in the occupied Palestinian territory
- Collecting and processing data and information
- Contacting officials for information
- Project coordination when needed
Location: Tel Aviv
Start date: June. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
This position is temporary replacing someone on maternity leave.
Please email CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Researcher” in the subject line.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.