Gisha Seeks Volunteer Legal Intern
Gisha offers a volunteer legal internship for graduate and post-graduate law students as well as new lawyers, to begin immediately. Interns at Gisha perform legal research, draft memos on issues relating to Gisha’s work, and assist in advocacy efforts aimed at defending Palestinians’ right to freedom of movement and access to resources, especially through English-language research, writing and editing. We regret that we are not able to offer financial compensation for internships, which take place in our offices in Tel Aviv. Projects include researching and writing in the field of international humanitarian law and international human rights law.
Applicants should be well-organized, self-motivated and reliable, with strong English-language writing skills and a strong background in international human rights or international humanitarian law, including academic and/or practical experience. Relevant coursework is highly desirable. Research expertise and computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Internet applications) are required. Because we require strong research skills in the field of international law, only in rare circumstances will we consider a first-year law student applicant.
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending a letter of interest, resume and a brief writing sample (in English) to email@example.com, with “legal internship” in the subject line. You should receive an automated confirmation that your application was received.
Gisha seeks a Development Coordinator (full-time)
Start date: Immediate
(Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis)
Gisha seeks a highly qualified applicant for the position of development coordinator.
Under the direct supervision of the deputy director, the development coordinator is responsible for overseeing all fundraising initiatives promoted by the organization. Gisha is committed to fostering the professional development of its staff and the position includes opportunities for advancement.
- Writing proposals for funding
- Monitoring and evaluation of the organization’s activities for generation of reports
- Communications with donors
- Project design and project management
- Researching, prospecting and contacting new funders
- Assistance with Gisha’s English-language communications, including editing and content-writing
- Strong commitment to promoting human rights and identification with the goals of Gisha’s work
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Initiative and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Experience in development and fundraising preferred
- English (native-level speaker)
- Working knowledge of Hebrew a must, including reading and oral communication
Location of the position: Tel Aviv
Position: Full-time position, competitive salary and benefits package
If interested, please send a CV and cover letter in English firstname.lastname@example.org with the words, “development coordinator” in the subject line.
You will receive an automated confirmation of receipt of your application. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.